Friday, April 14, 2006

All about that Judas Gospel

I had the opportunity to watch on TV the National Geographic special on the Gospel of Judas. I was a little bit jolted in knowing that there exist such a gospel. And there were still others that were actually not recognized by the Catholic Church. I studied in a Catholic schools during my elementary and high school. During those times, I have never heard nor it was thought to us there were actually many gospels. The only gospels that I am familiar is the four traditional gospels. I will not say for now that my faith has been affected by this new findings but rather quite surprise as to why these things about the other gospels were not mentioned to us in the schools. A little research I made states that the four gospels in the bible are the authoritative or canonical gospels and that the others are considered apocryphal or not authoritative. But again, whatever happens, it will still boils down to your faith, your relationship with other people and how did you able to make a difference in this world. In heaven, I think God will not ask you what kind of car you had but rather did you share your car for others to ride?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home